| The Golden Rules of Poker are the following:
- Do not be stingy. As a general rule, you should start with 20 to 30 times more than what is the limit of the table.
- Dismissed if you do not have a good hand.
- If you have a good hand, make the other players pay to see it and receive a great Poker Bonus
- If the other players have done it, walk away from the game.
- The objective of Poker is to beat the other players, not having the highest hand.
- Do not believe you can defeat a more experienced player than you are. You might win a little money, but the probability of losing money is even greater.
- Here are the odds that apply, these being the base when building up poker strategies:
The highest - 1 in 2; Pair - 1 in 2.4; Double Pair - 1 in 21; Leg - 1 in 48; Straight - 1 in 250; Color - 1 at 510; Full - 1 in 700; Poker - 1 in 4200; Royal Flush - 1 in 72,200; Imperial Flower - 1 in 650,000.
With this in mind, there are a couple of things that can be concluded about playing poker right away:
- The more players there at the gaming table, the greater the likelihood that one or more get a high hand.
- You must have at least a pair or four cards for a ladder or a Full House, if this is not the case, walk away right away. The latter advice might seem a bit excessive, but as mentioned above, the chances of a better starting hand, if you do not have anything, are very small. This means that, unless you have a lot of luck, you will withdraw most of the time after playing cards are distributed.
Now, let’s suppose you have something with which to work, such as a pair or a leg. Next we must decide whether we want to maintain a playing card as a possibility or not. A playing card is a card with high possibilities that most players keep next to their Pair or leg, or when they change cards. We recommend that you do not keep any card in addition, as the chances of getting a poker card like that are really low.
Another aspect to consider when talking about poker strategies is that you should never try to reach a Flush or move any higher than that with only three good cards from your original hand. The odds of such a move are 1 in 85. On the other hand, it is highly recommended that you always keep playing cards with four chances of a Flush or color. As seen below, the odds in these cases are not bad considering the odds that we saw earlier. Should you follow one of the specific poker strategies, make sure you choose the appropriate one in order to win the round.
The odds are as follows when you have four cards in a hand:
Color - 1 in 4.5;
Straight or open at both ends - 1 in 5;
Straight or open at one end - 1 in 11;
Straight or open in the middle - 1 in 11;
Royal Flush or open at both ends - 1 in 23;
Royal Flush or open at one end 1 in 46;
Royal Flush open in the middle - 1 in 46.
It is always important to remember these poker strategies when you decide to place a bet.
Say, for example, that you have four color cards. The first question you should ask is: What are my chances of completing the Color? In this case the odds were 1 in 4.5. If the well is not 4.5 times what you should bet, walk away, otherwise you would be risking your money against the odds.
In conclusion, remember that there is a lot more in the Poker than it’s explained. Bluffing, intimidating, body language and everything else make poker what it is. If you are considering becoming a professional poker player should know the main poker strategies. Good Luck!